Guide for Information
Welcome to our Guide for Information for Keena Rakkado Opticians as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by Keena Rakkado Opticians. It is a description of the information about our NHS services that we make publicly available. It will be reviewed at regular intervals.
How much does it cost?
The publications are free unless otherwise indicated.
How is the information made available?
The information within each Class is available in hard copy from:
Your Rights to Information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is designed to promote openness and accountability amongst all organisations that receive public money.
- Like all NHS contractors, since 1 January 2005 there has been a FOI obligation on opticians’ and optometrists’ practices to respond to requests about the NHS related information that it holds, and a right of access to that information has been established in law.
- These rights are subject to some exemptions that have to be taken into consideration before releasing information.
- In addition to accessing the information identified in this guide, you are entitled to request information about our NHS services under the NHS Openness Code 1995.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact any practice where your records are held to do this.
If you have any comments about the operation of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the scheme, please write to:
Classes of Information
All NHS information at Keena Rakkado Opticians is held, retained and destroyed within NHS guidelines. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information that can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000. From 2005, individual Classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons being the protection of commercial interests and personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This guide has been written in accordance with those exemptions. The information on this Scheme is grouped into the following categories:
1. Who we are
- Keena Rakkado Opticians
- List of practices :
Keena Rakkado Opticians
18 The Broadway
Tel: 0208 567 2320
Fax: 0208 840 4505
- Details of the opticians and optometrists employed in our practices (stores) can be obtained by contacting that practice directly.
- Alternatively, details of all opticians and optometrists registered in the UK are available from the General Optical Coun
- Tel: 0207 580 3898
2. Our services
All Keena Rakkado Opticians provide free NHS eye tests for those who are eligible. You may also be entitled to vouchers that can be used against the purchase of glasses or contact lenses if you require them. To find out if you are eligible for assistance please http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Medicinespharmacyandindustry/Prescriptions/NHScosts/DH_087013
Appointments for eye tests can be booked over the phone, or by dropping into the practice/one of our practices or email us at email@example.com
Ealing Branch: Mon-Sat 9.00am to 5.30pm
Time can vary sometimes , so please call respective branch to confirm.
3. Financial and funding information
For every eye test performed on behalf of the NHS the opticians practice receives a set fee. This includes a contribution towards optometrists and staff salaries, equipment costs and other store overheads.
If you are not eligible for the NHS eye test, please contact your local practice for details of our current private charges [and offers].
Private sight test £20.00
Private Contact lense £25.00
4. Regular publications and information for the public
Some of this information is also available in patient leaflets.(Link) These are freely available from all our practice(s). To request a set of leaflets by post, please write to:
If you have a complaint about any of our products or services, we recommended that you first discuss any problems with the manager at the practice concerned.
If the matter cannot be resolved in this way or you are unsatisfied with the response you receive please contact Customer Services on 0208840505 A full copy of our complaints policy (link)is available on request or on our website www.keenarakkado.com and can be found in Class 6.
5. Our policies and procedures
Data protection [If available]
Health and safety [If available]
They are available on request from
6. This guide information
We will publish any changes we make to this guide or relevant information. We will also publish any proposed changes or additions to publications already available.
Cost of Information
For the most part, we will only charge for hard copies, or copies onto media. Charges are as follows and will be reviewed regularly.
Accessed from our website – free of charge www.keenarakkado.com
Single hard copies – free of charge
Multiple hard copies, or archived copies will attract a charge for photocopying, retrieval and postage. We will inform you of the cost of these charges that will have to be paid in advance.
E-mail will be free of charge. firstname.lastname@example.org
Material available through this publication scheme is copyright unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is done so accurately in a manner that will not mislead. Where items are re-published or copied to others, you must identify the source and acknowledge copyright status. This permit does not extend to third party material, accessed through the scheme.